Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/8/10
Downloads: 3 million+
Price: Free up to 2GB
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition is a data recovery software free for recovering deleted files, even if they have been removed from the recycling bin. This software helps you to recover data from your hard disk, USB drives, memory cards, and other storage devices. It’s compatible with dynamic disks and all file systems FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5, exFAT, HFS+ and EXT2/EXT3. It is a wholly functional free software with a 2GB recovery limit during the trial period. You need to pay for limitless recovery.
Being a wizard-based utility software, it provides you with three simple choices: Deleted File Recovery, Complete Recovery, and Partition Recovery. It also consists of a very helpful Help file.
- The tool’s initial screen lets you search for a lost file automatically or by file type.
- The wizard quickly finds the files in automatic mode, and displays the results in a separate, tabbed File Preview
- Now, select the files which you wish to recover and press Next.
- Choose an output directory from the window that displays the available drive capacity.
- By now the recovery will be finished. Once done, click on the drive link in the notification screen.
- Finally, the destination folder will open with the recovered data intact.
This tool is a highly capable performer, even with the restraining limit. Most users will probably want to recover a specific slice of data, like a file or folder that was deleted accidentally or by unauthorized access. If you have deleted something you meant to keep, it’s a good idea to try the free tool first. If you need more, you can upgrade to the paid version Easeus Data Recovery Wizard.
- Easy to use.
- Works exceptionally good for SD card data recovery.
- Sorts data by date (helps you to know exactly what you need to recover).
This hard disk recovery software is well-known for having great help and support options for its customers too. It has got a user manual on the company’s website which is available in a printable PDF format. The manual is well-written and concise, with references to other areas of support. The software is totally compatible with the latest Windows and Mac OS X versions as well as Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
Although EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard lacks some of the advanced recovery options, it is pretty easy to use. Most of the functionality is not challenging or complex and hence, it lets you start your data recovery in a jiffy. It houses fewer features than any other data recovery software tool. While it does let you search by file type and even has raw file recovery features, it lacks tools – such as imaging capabilities – which can be helpful in more complicated data recovery situations. While it is not an ideal choice for the users who have the need to retrieve files from a drive that has been reformatted, it is still a great option for recovering simple and small-scale data loss.